I have learned Medusa from the lesson last week. In Greek mythology Medusa was a monster, a Gorgon, generally described as a winged human female with a hideous face and living venomous snakes in place of hair. However, Medusa was originally a ravishingly beautiful maiden, "the jealous aspiration of many suitors," but because Poseidon had raped her in Athena's temple, the enraged Athena transformed Medusa's beautiful hair to serpents and made her face so terrible to behold that the mere sight of it would turn onlookers to stone.

In my opinion, it is a sad story. In a patriarchal society, maybe it is common that woman should be punished not man. The trend led to the ethos of the ancient Greek society. From this I cannot help thinking of the feminism in today’s world. Notably, the feminism should not be just about trying to protect women – but also to “empower” them, in a positive sense. Some social people, like Lady Gaga, Madonna, pay more attention on this sensitive topic. However, there are still some people being confident that feminism causes collapse of the system. "Alpha males" prevails over the whole world, and it is unfair for woman. Feminism is not just about women. Feminism is about equality for all people, reframing our ideologies about gender, race, class and all the intersecting aspects of our lives. We need fairness and justice.

http://img.baozang.com/201301/2116/1628171912T5709.jpg